Thursday, November 12, 2009

Stacey scores>>>>--------------------->


Stacey was sitting forty yards from my location, the wind was steady to the north and the sun was just beginning it's climp into the early morning sky. Suddenly I heard the destinct sound of an arrow hitting flesh, a spike buck busts from heavy cover and dives headlong into a thicket of cottonwoods amd tall grass. I hear the sound of life escaping the deer and offer up a prayer to the creator for the deer's sacrifice even as the sun slips over the horizon and the forest goes silent. stacey has harvested her first buck with a selfbow, last year she shot a nice muledeer with a longbow and she stepped it up a notch this season and used a selfbow made by my brother Bob RedHawk, she tracked, field dressed and dragged the deer herself. I am proud of her accomplishments as a photographer and as a hunter she is fast becoming an accomplished archer. Great job lady,next year it will be spears and knives I am sure..thanks for letting me tag along.. Hawk

7 comments:

Stacey Huston said...

Thanks honey!! and you can "tag along" anytime..(wink)

LarryB said...

OoooRa! Nice piece about a fine Huntress and great picture to boot. Ain't Outdoorsy Women Great? :-) LarryB

Cory Glauner said...

Congratulations. Very cool that she got it with a self bow.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Stacey: Congrats on the wonderful harvest of the buck.

Chelle said...

Congrats and God Bless!

Susan Catt said...

Aho Hawk. I wrote a big long message here then accidently deleted it. lol I have been away from my blog for some time now, but I am back. Check out THE PONY EXPRESSION.

I am not sure how I want to proceed, but I do know that as I morph so does the blog and its message. Right now I feel a strong commitment to Mothers cries. I guess that is why I have followed the path to simplicity and sustainability, locavor and small community. Why I appreciate your words and wisdom regarding wildlife and hunting.

I can't pay you for your words. I wont ask you to give your voice away either.

I am trying to decide if I should delete the old blog posts and concentrate only on Mothers Breath, our Creator, Walking the Rred Road, and White Medicine. What I do know is that you and Stacey figure into that world in a powerful way.

Say hi to Stacey and give that grey mare a hug (I know how much you love her). ;)

;) S

HuntingBloggers said...

Wow, great story. It's a completely different experience to have such a raw and direct touch with the Earth - one that I'm not sure I'll ever experience. I'm very impressed!