Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Love


Love... what is it that determines what or who we attach this most sacred of emotions to? some people attach the word to everyday living .. such as I love this restaurant, I love the way this car drives or as The big dog daddy himself said.. I love this bar.. I personally like to keep the word along with the emotion it represents, refined to the things I truly do love like my family and friends. For example I love my country.. I love my god .. I love life and living it to the fullest. I would never stoop to the level of saying I love politics, sports , or any other unnecessary reason for using the word. I do like bowhunting, archery and anything outdoors i am the first to admit that it does consume my life and fill my thoughts most of the time. But Love.. hummm I will say that the one I truly do love does the same thing to me, fills my thoughts, completes my world and occupies a place in my soul that no other could touch.. .. when I am away from her my heart hurts.. when we touch my world lights up like a lightning storm on the highest ridge during a summer thunderstorm. Yes I do believe I am an expert on love, I have felt it , lost it, held it, needed it, cherished it, even pursued it. I have wanted it, despised it and prayed for it in my life.... funny how such a simple emotion, can rule our lives so completely, maybe love is more than just an emotion, maybe it is a way for two people to touch souls through this simple emotion. Love I believe comes in many forms.. and in many degrees of intensity.. I have friends who I love, and whom I would lay down my life for.. I have relatives who would do the same for me and Whom I love and cherish, Yet the intensity and total consumption of an individual by true and complete love is hard to define must less explain. My true love, my lady who owns me heart body and soul through devotion, respect, and absolute commitment. My girl, who occupies my every thought, who completes me with a single look.. She is more than I deserve, all I have ever needed and everything my heart can handle . I guess I am no expert on love at all.. only a willing student..and she is the teacher.. beautiful, intelligent, and all there is for me and this simple emotion we call love.. Hawk a/ho

5 comments:

SJB Imagery said...

Thank you for this posting, Hawk. In a world consumed with "stuff," stepping back and seeing those words should cause many to rethink their world, and what is important in it - most of all - to really love.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mike: I most say I really enjoyed this writing and I'm sure It went straight to Stacey's heart. I do hope you and the family are doing well.

Gretchen Steele said...

Dammit Hawk - you almost made me cry with this!
I hope that someday someone will love me the way you love Stacey - she is lucky woman- and you are a lucky man to have a love so full and deep and long lasting.
Beautifully written...

Anonymous said...

I have love like this in my life, my boyfriend, my dog and my bird, so I can relate to how you feel and what made you write about it. If everyone in the world thought the way you do Hawk the world would be a better place but!!!! well you know how that goes. All I can say for now is keep up the great writing and go from your heart on love and happiness, maybe someday we all might get to see the person behind all this great writing!

Anonymous said...

Your comments made me think....what DO I say that I love on a common basis. True love has been defined by so many people in so many different ways, but love to me is, at this point in my life, something I have craved and tried to say I have had, but sadly, I have not. Love to me is that unconditional showing that no matter what happens,you can go to that person and tell them anything. You can cry and laugh and raise your voice on occasion, but that person looks at you no differently than when you give them all of you. My situation is different because the person I CHOSE to love, does not love me at the same level. I thought I could change that person, but I cannot. I want that person to love me for who I am and I want to feel that I am the only person that makes them feel true love, but now I am not sure that will ever happen, because I gave him parts of me that probably should belong to someone else. Maybe the problem is mine.....falling in love too easily, because I love and accept people for who they are and I do not look for them to hurt me. Thank You... You gave me my food for thought for today!