Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2008


Time spent in the wild outdoors for me is an obsession, a passion and at times a necessity.
The thrill of the hunt started when I was a young boy.
My father and namesake, was and still is a hunter, survivalist and outdoorsman.
Growing up I heard stories of his exploits and adventures while in the field, and I longed to learn the way of the wilderness.
I read every book and magazine I could find concerning the outdoors, indians, mountain men and the great Rocky Mountains. Through twenty plus years of roaming the rockies I have since had many of my own adventures.
The call of a rut crazed bull elk, or the sound of a lone wolf calling from a high ridge still stirs my wanderer's soul. Each fall I feel the call of the wild as the leaves begin to turn, and the days shorten. When crisp mountain air whistles through the pine scented forest,
you can be assured that somewhere up there my moccasins will be silently padding along some lonesome trail, searching not only for my intended prey,
but, hoping to find myself among the wilderness.

2 comments:

Stacey Olson said...

Mike,
Thank you for taking the time to share your beautiful words with the world. I hope they will inspire others to find their own passion.

soul on the mend said...

I feel like I'm there on the hunt. How I love the Wyoming wilderness!